The trend of wearing whatever you want is finally here! - Style 360 Online Store Manager Paige Taylor
Photo by Phil Oh for Vogue Magazine, street style fall 2022 couture shows.
A growing fashion trend in 2022 is styling anything however you want it, wherever you want it. This takes form across all sectors of the industry, with skirts length trends ranging from micro-mini to full-length maxis, summer shoe trends on similar uncertain spectrums with knee-high fall boots to kitten-heel, pointed toe sandals taking stage, and bags scaling from the signature mini we've been seeing the last couple of years to oversized, fits-literally-everything-you-own capacities.
Rule-bending fashion trends are making it easier than ever to shop second-hand. In fact, the more unique a piece is, the better. Evolving from a state of being stuck at home and choosing comfort over style at every waking moment, an emergence from Covid-19 lockdowns has everyone seeking out fashion in a whole new light. We haven't been able to go out and express our style, and now that we can, we want to be as particular about it as possible. There is still a sense of functionality and comfort to it all, but for the most part, it's becoming about showcasing personality without caring about fashion norms.
Bags are something we use every single day. Whether it's a large tote we're taking to work or school that has all of our belongings in it, a mini backpack we're rocking at a music festival, or a clutch we're carrying to our friend's wedding. Now's the time to choose the bag that works best for you, and your style.
Big enough for your phone and wallet, easy to throw over any outfit!
1. Dorothee Schumacher leather shoulder bag $289 (retail value $700) 2. Stuart Weitzman leather bag $59 3. Louis Vuitton Monogram Viva-Cité GM $750 4. Gucci Padlock GG Small Shoulder Bag $1,800 (retail value $2,530).
The perfect solution to a purse if you're looking for something more comfortable and practical.
1. Rag & Bone mini leather & shearling “Pilot” backpack $225 (approximate retail value $750+) 2. Carrie Forbes leather mini backpack originally $34.50 3. Senreve midi leather “Maestra” convertible bag originally $590.75 (retail value $1,150).
Totes are coming back in full force because you can take everything you need with you no matter where you're going. Oversized bags are perfect as an alternative to backpacks for school, or a briefcase for work.
1. Belstaff large leather shoulder bag $299 (approximate retail value $800) 2. Miu Miu leather patchwork shopping tote originally $449.25 (approximate retail value $1,850) 3. Longchamp large leather “Foulonne” briefcase $359 (retail value $1,240) 4. Vintage Chloé leather “Kerala” charm tote $446.25 (approximate retail value $1,500 USD).
Not as practical but way more adorable. Add a bit of chic to any look!
1. Road Flair by Littleearth Buffalo Bills metal bag originally $59 now only $44.25 (retail value $200) 2. Rafe New York leather bag $75 (approximate retail value $300) 3. Ted Rossi reptile leather bag $120 (approximate retail value $500 USD) 4. Lisa Berck leather B bag $49 (approximate retail value $174).
Always functional and always stylish, the perfect go-to bag and must-have in any closet.
1. Loeffler Randall suede saddle bag $199 (retail value $495) 2. Kate Spade leather “Newbury” crossbody $85 (retail value $155 3. Foley + Corinna “Wrapped Chain Leather and Mesh Crossbody Bag” $135 (retail value $424) 4. Rebecca Minkoff canvas & leather crossbody/shoulder bag originally $89 now only $66.75.
- Paige Taylor